Winnetka Flood Plain Information
The Village of Winnetka, Illinois briefly describes several plain topic that should be discussed in a real estate transaction for properties within the 100-year flood plain.
The below information regarding Winnetka flood plain with be provided upon request.
- Whether a property is located in or out of the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) as shown on the current Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) of the Village. Please note, in many cases, this determination can only be conclusive with a topographic survey of the property in question. If there is a topographic survey on file with the Village of Winnetka, we will utilize that information, in addition to the FIRMS’s. Otherwise, the property owner would be obligated to provide a copy of the topographic survey for analysis. The Village of Winnetka does not perform engineering/survey service for private entities.
- Additional flood insurance data for a site, such as the FIRM zone and the base flood elevation (BFE), if shown on the FIRM.
- Provision of flood insurance purchase requirements that can help people who need a mortgage or loan for a property on the SFHA.
- The Village of Winnetka can make available for review, completed FEMA Elevation Certificates for a new or substantially improved structures contracted in the 100-year flood plain, if they are on file with the Village., as well as any Letter of Map Revisions (LOMR’s) or Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA’s), if on file. This information is also posted on the Village’s website, at www.villageofwinnetka.org selecting I WANT TO: where you will find SEE FLOOD PLAIN INFORMATION.
- Information on the non-floodplain drainage issues and historical flooding, if they are on file.
If you would like to make a flood plain property inquiry, please provide the Village with the street address of the property in question. Inquiries can be directed to the Engineering Department of the Village of Winnetka, and can be made in person, by telephone, or by e-mail.
The Engineering Department is located at the Village Yards, 1390 Willow Road, Winnetka. Although there is no charge for the information , a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) form must be completed with the request. The FOIA can be obtained at the Yards or online here.
Work with an experience Winnetka real estate broker who can help guide you through the real estate transaction if you have any concern about Winnetka flood plain.